Chestnut English Homework Friday 28th November, due in Wednesday 3rd December
In English this week we have been learning about speech punctuation. For homework you need to write a silent conversation with a member of your family.
Remember the speech punctuation rules:
- Speech marks hug the words being spoken.
- Include a comma, question mark or exclamation mark between the spoken words and the reporting clause.
- Use a new line for each new speaker.
- Start each new speaker’s words with a capital letter.
Chestnut Homework Friday 28th November, due in Wednesday 3rd December
Following our inspiring science session on Thursday with Mr Kettle based on energy sources, you need to write a short report about one aspect you have learnt about.
Some of the topics covered on Thursday were:
- Energy sources – heat, light, chemical, electric, mechanical and sound.
- How electricity arrives in our homes
- Wind turbines
- Solar powered vehicles
- Solar powered devices (e.g torches, backpack, radios)
Feel free to do extra research to add more information to your report.
This week’s spellings are:
The first five are for commas group. All ten for semi colons.